Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and the laws of the State of Massachusetts, generally prohibit us from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a third party unless we provide you with this notice of our privacy policies and practices describing the type of information that we collect about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom that information may be disclosed. In compliance with the GLBA and the laws of this State, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of The Nathan Agencies. The laws of this State further require that we inform you that we may not share your personal information with a non-affiliated third party for any purpose that is not specifically authorized by law unless we obtain your affirmative permission.
We do not sell or disclose any non-public information for marketing purposes outside our agency. PERIOD!
Information We Collect: In order for us to provide you with insurance and investment products and services, we need to collect certain information from you. We may collect:
- Information we receive from you in writing, by telephone, or electronically on applications or other forms. Examples: name, address, date of birth, social security number, beneficiary information, medical information, income.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others. Examples: premiums, policy coverage, payment history.
- Information we receive from a credit or service bureaus or other third parties*. Examples: your credit score, credit history, motor vehicle reports, previous insurance carriers *Unless you tell us not to, we may share credit information about you with insurance carriers in order to provide you with the appropriate coverage. If you prefer that we not share this information, you may tell us not to by contacting us at the address(s) below.
Information We Disclose: We do not disclose information regarding you or your account with us except as allowed by law. We may provide this information to affiliated or non-affiliated entities with regard to underwriting, processing, and servicing of your policy. We will not provide this information to any other non-affiliated entity unless we have a written agreement that requires such party to protect the confidentiality of this information. Affiliates to whom information may be disclosed include:
- Insurance companies and insurance service providers. Examples: auto body or glass shop involved in the repair of your vehicle under claim, rental car agencies that may require confirmation of coverage.
- Banks or other financial institutions. Examples: Confirmation of hazard insurance when applying for a mortgage.
- Government, regulatory authorities, or other third parties. Examples: verifying coverage or benefits to a medical institution, or conduct an audit that would enable us to verify treatment; or in response to subpoenas or other legal process as required by law.
Our Security Policy: We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information. You have a right to request access to the personal information that we record about you. If we become aware that an item of personal information may be materially inaccurate, we will make a reasonable effort to re-verify its accuracy and correct any error as appropriate.
Information about Former Customers: We will adhere to the privacy policies and practices as described in this notice should you close an account or become an inactive client.
Reservation of the right to disclose information in unforeseen circumstances:
In connection with the potential sale or transfer of its interests, The Nathan Agencies reserves the right to sell or transfer your information (including but not limited to your address, name, age, sex, zip code, state and country of residency and other information that you provide through other communications) to a third party entity that: (1) concentrates its business in a similar practice or service; (2) agrees to The Nathan Agencies successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of the information collected; and (3) agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement.
If you have any question regarding these notices:
Please contact us at: The Nathan Agencies, P.O. Box 48, Amherst, MA 01004, 413-253-5555, 1-800-228-8351, 413-256-8354 (fax), firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail), or visit our Web site, for additional information.